Stellar Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you a jock who can act, a geek who can sing or a goth who can rock it out on the dance floor? Stellar Academy--A school for both the talented and the not-so-talented. Will your star shine? Or will we see you fall out of center stage?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Don't forget to post your face claims or celebrity claims!
Please claim a dorm once you've been accepted as a student. You can also claim a suite in PlatinumView Hotel.
We are currently only accepting Freshmen.
Camp Rocks!

So guys! After the Valentine's Day Competition, there is a new bonding activity on the forum.CAMP!

There are going to be lots of In Character Competitions and lessons in humility for all of you distinguished performers! So get started on posting in your camp because I cannot guarantee the type of bunks late comers get. Or the punishment!.
Weather Forecast

Partly Cloudy

The weather's fair here in Sunny California. The atmosphere's just at the right temperature and there's no sign of any rain when you look up at the sky except for a few wispy clouds that roam through the sky at regular intervals.

This is your chance to savor the beaches and have some fun with friends, breathing in a seaside air.

Latest topics
» Performers List
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 am by Nathalie Saskia

» Dorm Room Claims
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:55 am by Nathalie Saskia

» Celeb Claims
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:52 am by Nathalie Saskia

» Clique Initiation | Applicants
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:43 am by Nathalie Saskia

» Nathalie Saskia
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 am by Nathalie Saskia

» Brave Enough?
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:48 pm by Micka Stealle

» We're Going to Crash Your Dorm
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:38 am by Christa Martinez

» Misery Loves Company
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:49 pm by Reed Cross

» Hard Day Over?
School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:38 pm by Reed Cross

Stellar Chat

The Spotlight
COMING SOON!

You can help choose who you want to be in the spotlight by voting for people which will be show in the "fame" beneath their avatars. You can vote up or down by clicking the + and - signs found at the right side of every post.

Keep in mind though that the fame is not the only category to be part of The Spotlight. It also depends on the content of your posts and how other people enjoy how you write or the plot between two people.

Categories

1. Male Heartthrob
2. Female Hotlist
3. Couple of the Moment
4. Best Friends
5. Worst Enemies
6. Overall Star

School's For Studying, Right?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

$ : 720
Fame : 10

School's For Studying, Right? Empty
PostSubject: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:00 am

Aurora loved the Chemistry Lab. This fact might make her more of a nerd, but she was unpopular for a reason after all. She loved the power this place gave her, the very ability to mold new atoms by fusing and mixing made her feel a little like God. Then there was, of course, the slight fact that none of the Stellar students would be caught dead around here after class so she had guaranteed privacy.

With her hair pulled back in a ponytail out of which random strands escaped, lab coat and the gigantic Lab Glasses she looked like she knew exactly what she was doing, which she did. She wasn't here for complex experiments, she was just mixing Ethyl Alcohol and Carboxylic acid to give off a sweet smelling, clear liquid, otherwise known as Ester.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

$ : 956
Fame : 0

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:15 am

Katharian walked into the Lab room. She was pretty sure noone would be here after school, but after closing the door and turning to see a person wearing a lab coat she was sadly mistaken. "Umm excuse me?" Katharina said her accent coming out more then she wanted it to. She knew very well to stay back and away form others when they were in the middle of doing something...or adding chemicals together.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:20 am

"Yes?" Aurora questioned without looking, focused on adding the Sulfuric acid to the solution. She was using the Le Chatelier's principle for obtaining a better yield of Ester and it was slightly more complex than the normal lab experiments. It was just her obsession to be the best that drove her to do such complex reactions for obtaining simple compounds, not to mention, the calming effect Chemistry had on her.

It was only after she began the removal of water by physical means by distilling as a low-boiling azeotropes with toluene, in conjunction with a Dean-Stark apparatus that she turned around and smiled expectantly at the girl. It was only in the Labs that Aurora wasn't as shy as she usually was, maybe something to do with the fact that she felt at home here.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:41 am

Katharina watched the girl go about her business, she lightly tilted her head to the side. She knew what the girl was doing, and found it odd that she was going a more..difficult route.
When the girl smiled at her she smiled back. "Umm...do you...mind if I....take some..photos?" Kat asked trying her best at english. Katharina held up her camera as to help her get her question across.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 am

"Of me?" Aurora asked in a confused, shy voice. "Sure! As long as I am not in the frame." She finally added, not sure what the girl meant. Aurora hated pictures of herself, she always thought that she appeared weird, distorted in them. "If you don't mind me asking...er....where are you from?"
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Kat blinked a few time, she heated being an outsider and slightly detested her parents for moving her here. She then nodded in understandment of not to get the girl in any shots. "I am from Hungary." Kat said very clearly, after all she said that line about a million times to other people. "I am Katharina, you can....call me Kat." Kat told her with a light friendly smile as she got her camera ready and aimed at the work the girl was doing.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:17 am

"I have not heard much about Hungary, but I am sure you must like it and miss it, a lot." Aurora replied softly, checking the collecting Ester. She stirred it lightly and a sweet, fruity smell overcame the room. "Its a good experiment to do, no smelly stuff, only sweet, sweet ester." She muttered to herself, smiling brightly and taking of the Lab Glasses off. Technically, she didn't need to wear them for this experiment, but she liked the whole look of the ensemble.
"Of what do you want to take pictures of, in the Chemistry lab?"
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 am

Kat lightly nodded. "Yes I miss my friends." She said with a light smile remembering the good times. She then smiled at the sweet sent, it was lovely and made her feel so happy. Katharina nodded in agreement, experiments that leave behind or even create a smelly sent always made Kat sick. "Oh." Kat had to think of an answer, no one really ever asked her why she took pictures of what she took. "Well......this might sound....geeky. But I like....science feel. I want my aduiance to be able to...feel like they are in the room. To see how the potions....er....experiment boil over, to see the way the colors come together. To be able to remember what they saw." She told her as a big smile formed on her face. She's never talked about her love to anyone this much..not even her firends back home, but that's only because they were performers, not an artist.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 am

"Yes Chemistry lab would definitely look better in pictures than the Physics Lab. Not to take that I don't like physics, I love it too but it is not very colorful in there." Aurora replied, nodding her head lightly, holding up the random bottles of Sodium Nitrate, Potassium Chlorate and Sulfuric acid as she wondered what she wanted to do now.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:02 am

Kat smiled at the girl for saving herself. "If I may? What is your name?" She asked with a slight tilt of her head.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:07 am

"Uh....sorry?" Aurora questioned lamely when she was dragged out of her plans to try and set of a small, controlled explosion using cigarettes. "My name? Yeah, sorry, I should have introduced myself before. I have no idea where my manners are today, my name is Aurora. Aurora Bosley."
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:15 am

Kat smiled. "It is quite alright..Aurora.I understand what it is like to get lost..in ones work....or passion." She said.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:21 am

"Yeah. I like science, everything makes sense. Plus, there are limited subjects in which you can create absolutely new stuff." Aurora replied with a smile. "I think photography is your passion?" She ventured, noting the slick camera.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:47 am

"Yes, I agree with you. Science is......incredibly...amazing. Oh, why igen...er I mean yes." Kat said with a slight blush. "My apologizes, I get so worked up over photography, that I forget what country I am on. But yes I adore taking photos of everything...that way one can look back on those happy...sad...horrific...or even romantic photos and remember them. Or show to others. That's the whole reason I am here....to become a better...me." Kat explained with a half hearted smile.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:37 am

"I take it you are new here, right? After a while, you will get used to us or we will get used to you. Either way, stuff will settle down." Aurora replied comfortingly, shrugging as she went back to studying the different chemicals. "Yes, yes I do believe that photograph is an interesting field of art. Sadly though ,I am much more captivated by the technological side of it, rather than the artistic."

She didn't disagree with Kat's reason for coming here, she had a similar reason herself.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 am

Kat nodded her head in understandment, the last school she went to was very unfriendly to her. "Thank you Aurora." She said with a slight laugh, that is what had gotten her into photography in the first place. "I know what you mean....the camera is a....intresting item..is it not?"
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:10 am

'Your welcome." Aurora replied in a nice, polite voice. "Yes, do you know how much it resembles our own eyes? Except our eyes are more specialized, in the sense that they can change their focal length automatically while a camera's has to be adjusted. I will be trying to assemble a camera with automatic changing lengths later this year." She added enthusiastically, mentally noting do try. She had a lot of experiments lined up and only a limited time.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Katharina was suprised, she didn't meet to many people who were as smart as Aurora. She then smiled and nodded, "yes it is a.....very fascinating electronic object, but unlike our eyes. If one ever forgets a memory, all one has to do is look back on said photo. Yes?" She said, as much as Kat wanted to explode with joy after finally meeting someone to talk to about cameras, and not even the photo part of it. Just the whole technology part of it.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 am

"Well that actually depends on the way you store your memory. See, memories are like a place you like to visit, the more paths there are leading to it, the more easily you get there. the paths, in this instance are the links or words or incidents that we associate with a memory. The more there are, the easier it is to remember. A lost memory is nothing but a memory that had lost all links therefore our brain cannot reach it." Aurora explained animatedly, using her hands a lot as she tried to make sense of what she was saying.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:22 am

Kat lightly tilited her head to the side, it wasn't that she didn't understand what was going on, or what Aurora was saying. She was just very intrested in how ones mind worked. She then busted out laughing, she didn't mean it as to be rude or mean but she couldn't believe it, she found someone who was smarter than what their age would suggesst.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:25 am

"Uh.....why are you laughing?" Aurora asked, confused as Kat started laughing in the middle of Aurora's mini-lecture. "Oh I am sorry. I should have realized that these kind of lectures are boring." She muttered in an apologetic voice as she slid the glasses back on and idly checked up on the Ester. She would have to take it out soon, it was beginning to reverse.
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:34 am

Kat shook her head. "No, I find it....intresting. That some as smart as you......is still in high school. One would think...without even looking at you, that you would be older. But then again....not to many adults know about the mind....or how others see or remember things....."Kat told her. "I am sorry for laughing. What you are talking about is not..boring, I love to hear other people talk about the mind...and how they see it. Where I am from....I don't get to listen....to other people talk about sicenitifc things like this." Kat said as she lightly smiled.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:38 am

"Yeah right!" Aurora scoffed instinctively, before smiling at the girl and explaining. "People don't think that I am older than I look. In fact, they think I am still in middle school, its because of my face features, I guess."

"Why? What's wrong with Hungary? You must not have looked hard enough, you can find know-it-alls everywhere!"
Back to top Go down
Katharina Sten
Katharina Sten
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:50 am

Kat lighly smiled at Auroras scoff. "Aurora finding people like you is a very hard thing.....but yes you have what my mother calles baba-arc. Your translation would be a baby face. It is a good thing.....no?" Kat asked as she tilted her head in question.

"Nothing is wrong with it...it's just...everyone there is very.....adult like, and some are closed minded......"Kat looked at Aurora in question. "Know-it-alls??? Is that what you......classify yourself as?"
Back to top Go down
Aurora Bosley
Aurora Bosley
Sophomore
Sophomore

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:53 am

"No." Aurora clarified, shaking her head firmly and going up to the cabinet to get an empty flask. "Trust me, I think of myself as even worse." She reassured with a laugh, beginning to disassemble all the equipment it had taken her almost half an hour to set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School's For Studying, Right?   School's For Studying, Right? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

School's For Studying, Right?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stellar Academy  :: Stellar System :: North Point :: Science Labs :: Chemistry Lab-